Monday, August 17, 2009

Chris' Hot Dogs


Ok--there are several good "C" places that come to my mind. So I will spend a few days on this letter. One place I just can't omit is.......

Chris' Hot Dogs. A little hole in the wall establishment , but definitely a Montgomery Tradition. It has been in business, and family owned since 1917. Chris' famous hot dog,
ordered with its special sauce, is also on the 100 Places to Eat in Alabama before you Die list.

Growing up, my parents brought us to Montgomery as much as possible to visit our grandparents. It was always a treat to go to Chris' , where the owner, Mr. Chris, would always remember my dad from when he would hang out at Chris' when he was a teenager. I liked hearing the stories of my parents, back in their school days, going to Chris' after school.

I think almost everyone in Montgomery has a Chris' Hot dog story or memory.

My recommendation? Two Dogs, "all the way" with an order of fries. Then a bottled coke or a chocolate milk to wash it all down.

3 comments:

  1. It's been years since I've had a real hot dog! I've only enjoyed their German cousins recently. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cewmont,
    Congratulations for your new blog. I will follow and learn about montgomery from your eyes. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a spot I didn't know about. I look forward to finding new places to visit over there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!