Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stranded in the Past

The other day I decided to take the afternoon and stroll through Old Alabama Town and take some pictures. Its a fun place to go and see authentic restorations of homes and businesses from Alabama's past. I made it through the homes on display in the "Living In Alabama" section, and had strolled over to the "Working in Alabama" section when it just started pouring down rain. It was a quiet afternoon and besides one tour guide, dressed as a plantation owner in the 1800's, who was in another building, I was all alone. I took this photo while sitting on a bench in front of an old cotton gin, while watching the rain pour down.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the rain has muted the colors. Very nice! Hope it didn't last too long though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, actually I played with the brightness. the house reminded me of a scary ole house in a dream I used to have, so I was trying to make it look that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!