Wednesday, September 2, 2009

HANK WILLIAMS



This statue is in memory of Hank Williams, a legendary writer and singer of country (or "honky tonk") music. Although he was not born in Montgomery, he and his family made their home here when Hank was a teenager. His favorite place to eat was...... Chris' Hot Dogs! He wrote and sang many famous songs, such as, "Hey Good Looking", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry", "Jambalaya", and "I Saw The Light"


He died at the young age of 29 and is buried in Montgomery, AL.
(click on photo to view larger)



4 comments:

  1. I didn't know Hank Williams but do know his music. He had a tragic life but did leave a great legacy in his son--Jr.

    Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.

    I love the house with the white picket fence too and the delicate flowers in front. MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember the cheese lobby use Hey Good Looking for some cheese advertisements? That song has never been the same for me again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember seeing this statue, but I did visit the museum back when in was in the Union train station. I need to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hey good lookin, whatcha got cookin"....... ahhh yes, love me some Hank Williams!
    V

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!